Jesper Wung-Sung's debut ”To ryk og en aflevering” (Kick and Rush) was awarded The Best Debutant Award at the Copenhagen Book Fair in 1998. His books are sold to USA, Germany, Norway, France, Italy, Sweden, Russia, Serbia and Holland.
Out in Sweden. Sold to Norway.
- A beautiful, well written, deeply touching novel about the terms of art and love. BTJ, Inger Littberger Caisou-Rousseau
- ... a wonderful novel. Dagens Nyheter.
- This is how great love novels are written. VK
- JW has written a beautiful and heartfelt novel. FEMINA
★★★★★... a magnificent and low key novel. LM
★★★★★ This is how great love novels are written – Berlingske
★★★★★ In his best novel to date, Jesper Wung-Sung brings himself and his writing elegantly and gropingly inside the motif of Ida Hammershøi … What a wonderfull novel – Jyllands Posten
★★★★★ …a moving novel kept to a realistic tone that, especially in the large central part, can really hold the reader’s attention – Kristeligt Dagblad
★★★★ …a living narrative, complete with art-historical colouring and a delicate marriage drama – Børsen
- Delicately and with love, Jesper Wung-Sung projects a wonderful, troublesome Ida Hammershøi in his new novel. – Weekendavisen
Sold to Norway, Russia and Serbia.
It is the first time Jesper Wung-Sung writes about his Chinese great grandfather - and mother. San and Ingeborg. En anden gren (Show me) wins The Golden Laurels 2017. Shortlisted for MARTHA-prisen 2018 and DR Romanprisen 2018.
Out in France and Holland.
Out in USA.
Out in Holland and Germany.
"Boot Canute" is out in Germany, Holland and Italy.
"Boot Kanute" was shortlisted for The Nordic Council Children and Young People’s Literature Prize 2015
* * * * * * Jesper Wung-Sung knows how to create an atmosphere in way that very few writers can; it takes hold from the very first page – without the reader quite being able to put a finger on what Wung-Sung has done so well. You are drawn into his fictional universe, you feel with his characters. - KultuNaut
… this is wonderfully observed and utterly engagingly told. Jesper Wung-Sung challenges himself again and again (…) he writes with great vitality in a powerful, mellifluous language. - Skolebiblioteket
* * * * * … if there is someone who can find the right words and story to match the gamut of feelings tumbling within us all, then Jesper Wung-Sung can. - FynsAmtsAvis
* * * * * Here is one of the most wonderful friendships to be created in recent Danish Children’s fiction (…) in this story there is great insight into both life and death. (…) It is a beautiful story, which opens many doors. - Politiken
(A) sensitive and humorous portrait of a boy with cancer. - Weekendavisen
This is a grave, well-written, warm and relevant novel. - Bogbotton
Copyright © All Rights Reserved